Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lately.

October has completely flown by!! If every day left of this deployment goes like this, he will be home tomorrow it seems! It may have been that I was so busy...but not really. So what has been up with us?

Well for one, I've FINALLY started my doula training! I'm training through DONA and I have my training conference this weekend! Excited doesn't even begin to start covering the way I feel! Birth has ALWAYS been such a fascinating and amazing event to me and now? It will be my job to help mom and dads through this life changing event! HOW COOL!

Jon is still deployed, as to be expected :) We're going on 11 months! :O Almost at the end, though :) I have taken to the deployment surprisingly well. At first, the x number of months (more than a year) seemed extremely daunting. I've done weeks and a few months, but over a year?! I guess I took it a little better since I have expected this. When I agreed to marry Jon, I agreed to marry the Army as well. Most military wives would agree. His job HAS to come first. And I'm okay with that.

We're still preparing for our little baby. We figured it won't be long (Lord willing) until we have a little one ourselves, so we want to get prepared while he is away and we have the money!! Cloth diapers, breast pumps...the works ;) ACTUALLY we got our breast pump from my friend who is moving and only used it twice! $100 for over $300 worth of products?! YES! And as for cloth diapers- I am so passionate about NOT using disposables. You can look up all the nasty things in disposables on your own, but I will never, ever put that on my babies skin. Nasty. Also, I am going to start watching a little girl during the week starting in January (and a little boy at night twice a week!) so we are getting a pack and play and a swing for them, as long with toys. That way we'll have that marked off as well! AND YES, there are items people can still get us when I do become pregnant ;)

Speaking of getting pregnant, my doctor and I have begun "prepping" my body for a baby! I have started my prescription of prenatal vitamins, started taking B6 so shorten my luteal phase, I have started eating right with high omega's and I have begun exercising. We are trying to do our part with no medical intervention. There are quite a few fertility problems that are in my family so we want to get everything "right". The Lord is in control though, so we are just praying and "having fun" as we like to say :)

Halloween was a ton of fun! My aunt does her house up big and her yard all scary like. Not really my style- but everyone LOVES it! My cousin, who is my other half, and I were fifties housewives! It was quite the scene ;) Next year, Jon and I want to have a fun get together as well. I love making goodie bags and baking up a storm so that will be NO problem!

As far as Stampin Up is concerned, my business is kind of at a stand still until I can get more paper! :\ everyone keeps telling me to "jump in!" but I can't work like that. I have to have everything in a row and organized, then it's full game! Hopefully by the beginning of the year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment